WATM/WWCP-TV the ABC/FOX affiliates in State College, Altoona and Johnstown, PA has an opening for an Account Executive to join our team of integrated Broadcast professionals. This position will report to the Director of Sales. The Account Executive position is responsible for selling WATM/WWCP-TV, as well as a full suite of digital product offerings. Ideal candidate will reside in State College, Altoona or Johnstown, PA, have a strong work ethic, the drive to succeed, be detailed orientated, have outside sales experience, and the ability to work in a changing, fast-paced environment.
General Responsibilities (but not limited to):
▫ Maintain a current client list as well as developing new business
▫ Excellent grammar, writing and communication skills
▫ Ability to work independently and manage your time effectively
▫ Ability to solve problems
▫ Business or marketing degree preferred or equivalent in years of experience.
▫ Previous work in media sales is preferred.
Must have strong administrative skills.
Must have strong prospecting skills
To apply, please send resume to [email protected] and include “WATM/WWCP Account Executive” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
WATM/WWCP-TV and Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation is seeking a Broadcast/IT Engineer at television station, WDBB in Birmingham, AL. This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting including server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, newsroom computer systems, data networks and broadcast transmission equipment.
- Assist the engineering team with the building and installation of electronic systems/equipment as assigned.
- Maintain and repair transmitters (AM, FM, TV, Microwave, Fiber, satellite, etc.), cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, routers, automation/editing systems, intercoms, monitors and display systems.
- Provide technical support to operational users.
- Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required.
- Perform all technical work to engineering standards and practices.
- Develop knowledge of facility specific IT needs and assist in supporting these systems.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Other Qualifications and Requirements:
- A self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Be able to work effectively with other departments receiving and communicating instructions via telephone or in person.
- Be able to read and understand technical materials.
- Able to set priorities under pressure of deadlines.
- Able to concentrate for long periods of time.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours weekends and evenings.
- Minimum of 3 years broadcast experience.
- Working knowledge of broadcast station operations.
- Knowledge and competency in core hardware and computer system technologies, including installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance and LAN/WAN networking
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft, Mac, and Linux operating systems
To apply, please send resume to [email protected] and include “Broadcast/IT Engineer” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
WDBB and Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.