WWCP/WATM-TV the ABC/FOX affiliates in Johnstown/Altoona/State College is looking for someone to join a team of dynamic journalists and videographers to produce a highly visual, information-packed lifestyle show. FOX8 News Now covers everything you can think of, from fashion to food and everything in between. You will be responsible for the day-to-day producing operations in conjunction with the show’s host.
- Book guests for daily talk show, between 15 to 18 individuals a week
- Coordinate shoots and pretapes for sponsored segments, i.e. Food Friday, Money Monday, Spotlight Music Series and others
- Coordinate shoots and pretapes for non-sponsored segments
- Write daily scripts in coordination with host and executive producer
- Update calendar daily with guest information, i.e. cell numbers, what they are coming on to speak about, b-roll, etc.
- Sending guests segments upon request
- Maintain show archive
- Build rapport with various entities throughout our viewing area, from politicians to public relations firms to local businesses and community leaders
- Cutting basic b-roll and other video in Premiere Pro
- Pulling packages from FOX Edge and CNN
- Responsible for weekly briefings with sales and production staff on show lineup and upcoming shoots
- Additional digital and social media responsibilities as needed
- Minimum two years of television production experience
- BA in Communication, Journalism, or related field
- Strong writing, punctuation and grammar skills are a must
- Accuracy and attention to detail is imperative
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Focused and creative, yet flexible
If this is you, please submit resume to [email protected] and include “WWCP-Writer/Producer” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
WWCP/WATM-TV and Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
WATM/WWCP-TV the ABC/FOX affiliates in State College, Altoona and Johnstown, PA has an opening for an Account Executive to join our team of integrated Broadcast professionals. This position will report to the Director of Sales. The Account Executive position is responsible for selling WATM/WWCP-TV, as well as a full suite of digital product offerings. Ideal candidate will reside in State College, Altoona or Johnstown, PA, have a strong work ethic, the drive to succeed, be detailed orientated, have outside sales experience, and the ability to work in a changing, fast-paced environment.
General Responsibilities (but not limited to):
▫ Maintain a current client list as well as developing new business
▫ Excellent grammar, writing and communication skills
▫ Ability to work independently and manage your time effectively
▫ Ability to solve problems
▫ Business or marketing degree preferred or equivalent in years of experience.
▫ Previous work in media sales is preferred.
Must have strong administrative skills.
Must have strong prospecting skills
To apply, please send resume to [email protected] and include “WATM/WWCP Account Executive” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
WATM/WWCP-TV and Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
WGTU-TV, Traverse City, MI, has a full-time opening for a Newscast Director who is a detailed oriented team player with experience directing and TDing newscasts. This position is responsible for managing all technical aspects of the newscast including supervising and training the production staff.
- Perform any production duties as assigned including:
- Direct and TD any assigned newscasts and productions
- Create graphics daily using Photoshop and Deko
- Train production crew in cameras, audio, graphics, etc.
- Supervise production crew on a daily basis
- Maintain production studio and control room
- Perform other tasks related to the position as assigned, which may include website contribution
- Experience Directing and TDing newscasts
- Knowledge of production standards and equipment
- Full working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to clearly give direction to crew while under pressure
- Typing and good spelling skills necessary
- Ability to read and write, college degree preferred
- Must be able to lift & position 40-pound lighting instruments
To apply please send resume to [email protected] and include “Newscast Director” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
WGTU and Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation is seeking a Broadcast/IT Engineer at television station, WDBB in Birmingham, AL. This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting including server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, newsroom computer systems, data networks and broadcast transmission equipment.
- Provide the engineering design and assist with the building and installation of electronic systems/equipment as assigned.
- Maintain and repair transmitters (AM, FM, TV, Microwave, Fiber, satellite, etc.), cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, routers, automation/editing systems, intercoms, monitors and display systems.
- Provide technical support to operational users.
- Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required.
- Perform all technical work to engineering standards and practices.
- Develop knowledge of facility specific IT needs and assist in supporting these systems.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Other Qualifications and Requirements:
- A self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Be able to work effectively with other departments receiving and communicating instructions via telephone or in person.
- Be able to read and understand technical materials.
- Able to set priorities under pressure of deadlines.
- Able to concentrate for long periods of time.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours weekends and evenings.
- Minimum of 3 years broadcast experience.
- Working knowledge of broadcast station operations.
- Knowledge and competency in core hardware and computer system technologies, including installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance and LAN/WAN networking
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft, Mac, and Linux operating systems
To apply, please send resume to [email protected] and include “Broadcast/IT Engineer” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
WDBB and Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.