Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation is seeking a full time Research Director for WDBB in Birmingham, AL to interpret local broadcast television stations’ ratings and supporting research to assist Marketing Consultants and Sales Managers in selling the station and our Digital Platforms. This person will assist in the creation of sales materials used by local and national marketing consultants, sales assistants and station management.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Minimum 3 Years of experience working inside a small to mid-size meter-diary or local people meter market.
- Minimum 3 years of research experience working inside a local television station sales department.
- High level of proficiency working with Nielsen Media Research on local television sample.
- Ability to demonstrate proficient knowledge in ComScore.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent experience in marketing, English or Statistics.
- Expert level proficiency in all MS Office products, particularly MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Expert level proficiency with media related software including OSi, KANTAR Media, Google Analytics or other comparable software.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or other creative suites a plus.
- Excellent writer and presenter with ability to attend and make sales calls with local account executives.
- Expert level background and knowledge base in television marketing including competitive media, ratings calculations, estimate preparation and qualitative measurement.
- Must be comfortable training staff on new software, measurement techniques, ratings or research developments.
- Must be diligent, pay strict attention to detail and be a self-starter.
- Must be able to work unsupervised and still maintain a very high level of accountability.
- Must be able to effectively position Stations in a very competitive marketplace with creative research and out of the box thinking.
- Great speaking and communication skills to answer telephones for viewers and advertisers.
- This position is also responsible for Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation’s Quarterly Certification and Quarterly Programs and Issues Report for FCC compliance and the public file for WDBB and other duties as assigned.
No phone calls please.
WDBB and Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
WATM/WWCP the ABC/FOX affiliates in Johnstown, Altoona, State College PA seek a mid-level account executive for our State College, PA office. Must be highly motivated and results driven. Must be able to develop new business, grow existing account list and sell our vast array of digital products. A Bachelor’s Degree and experience in media (3+ years) preferred. Excellent communication skills, computer proficiency required. Previous television sales experience is a plus. Please send resume to Jim Pastore at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. EOE