Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation is seeking a Broadcast/IT Engineer at television station, WDBB in Birmingham, AL! This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting including server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, news room computer systems, data networks and broadcast transmission equipment.
- Provide the engineering design and assist with the building and installation of electronic systems/equipment as assigned.
- Maintain and repair transmitters (AM, FM, TV, Microwave, Fiber, satellite, etc.), receivers, cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, video tape systems, routers, automation/editing systems, intercoms, two-way radios, monitors and display systems.
- Provide technical support to operational users.
- Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required.
- Perform all technical work to engineering standards and practices.
- Develop knowledge of facility specific IT needs and assist in supporting these systems.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Other Qualifications and Requirements:
- A self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Be able to work effectively with other departments receiving and communicating instructions via telephone or in person.
- Be able to read and understand technical materials.
- Able to set priorities under pressure of deadlines.
- Able to concentrate for long periods of time.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours weekends and evenings.
- Minimum of five years broadcast experience.
- Working knowledge of broadcast station operations.
- Knowledge and competency in core hardware and computer system technologies, including installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance and LAN/WAN networking
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft, Mac and Linux operating systems
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com and include “WDBB – Broadcast/IT Engineer” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
WDBB-TV and Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
WATM – Johnstown, PA
WATM/WWCP the ABC/FOX affiliates in Johnstown, Altoona, State College PA seek a mid-level account executive for our Altoona, PA office. You will sell Penn State/NCAA college football on ABC and NFL football on FOX! Must be highly motivated, dynamic and results driven. Must be able to develop new business, grow existing account list and sell our vast array of digital products. A Bachelor’s Degree and experience in media (3+ years) preferred. Excellent communication skills, computer proficiency required. Previous television sales experience is a plus. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. EOE
WTAT FOX 24 in Charleston SC, has an immediate opening for a talented Digital / Social Content Producer. The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating, producing, editing, and maintaining all digital and social content on the company’s websites and social media platforms. This position will work closely with sales and promotions to make sure station initiatives are fulfilled.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to:
- Write eye-catching headlines.
- Be competitive and want to be first to “break a story”.
- Live on Social Media and understand best practices.
- Strong writing skills, solid news judgement and the ability to work under pressure Must understand WordPress and possess HTML web skills. Must understand Google Analytics and AD manager products and have knowledge of photoshop, premiere, and other web production software. is a prerequisite for the position.
Qualifications which will move you to the top:
- Knowledge of WordPress and possess HTML web skills.
- Understand Google Analytics and AD manager products
- Have knowledge of Photoshop, Premiere, and other web production software
In addition to the above responsibilities this position requires a college degree, ability to work with others, creativity, people skills and a positive, can-do attitude. Broadcast experience is preferred, but not necessary.
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com and include “WTAT-Digital Content Producer” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
WTAT-TV and Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!