WRGT TV, in Dayton, OH, is seeking a Broadcast Engineer! This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting. This includes server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, news room computer systems, data networks, and broadcast transmission equipment.
- Provide the engineering design and assist with the building and installation of electronic systems/equipment as assigned
- Maintain and repair transmitters (TV, Microwave, Fiber, satellite, etc.), receivers, cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, video tape systems, routers, automation/editing systems, intercoms, two-way radios, monitors and display systems
- Provide budget information to support the implementation of new systems
- Provide technical support to operational users
- Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required
- Provide specific engineering signal flow diagrams for CAD documentation on all work performed on technical systems
- Perform all technical work to engineering standards and practices
- Other duties may be assigned
Other Qualifications and Requirements:
- Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision
- Be able to work effectively with other departments receiving and communicating instructions via telephone or in person
- Be able to read and understand technical materials
- The ability to set priorities under pressure of deadlines
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours, weekends, and evenings
- Maintain “On Call” status as assigned for emergency equipment repairs
- Associate’s degree (AA) in electronics preferred
- Minimum of seven (7) years of broadcast experience
- Working knowledge of broadcast station operations
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “WRGT – Broadcast Engineer” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
WRGT-TV and Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Are You Creative? Can you read between the numbers? Do you know Nielsen?
Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation is looking for a full time Research Director for WDBB in Birmingham, AL to interpret local broadcast television stations’ ratings and supporting research to assist Marketing Consultants and Sales Managers in selling the station and our Digital Platforms. This person will assist in the creation of sales materials used by local and national marketing consultants, sales assistants and station management.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Minimum 3 Years of experience working inside a small to mid-size meter-diary or local people meter market.
- Minimum 3 years of research experience working inside a local television station sales department.
- High level of proficiency working with Nielsen Media Research on local television sample.
- Ability to demonstrate proficient knowledge in ComScore.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent experience in marketing, English or Statistics.
- Expert level proficiency in all MS Office products, particularly MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Expert level proficiency with media related software including OSi, KANTAR Media, Google Analytics or other comparable software.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or other creative suites a plus.
- Excellent writer and presenter with ability to attend and make sales calls with local account executives.
- Expert level background and knowledge base in television marketing including competitive media, ratings calculations, estimate preparation and qualitative measurement.
- Must be comfortable training staff on new software, measurement techniques, ratings or research developments.
- Must be diligent, pay strict attention to detail and be a self-starter.
- Must be able to work unsupervised and still maintain a very high level of accountability.
- Must be able to effectively position Stations in a very competitive marketplace with creative research and out of the box thinking.
- Great speaking and communication skills to answer telephones for viewers and advertisers.
- This position is also responsible for Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation’s Quarterly Certification and Quarterly Programs and Issues Report for FCC compliance and the public file for WDBB and other duties as assigned.
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com and include “WDBB Research Director” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
WDBB and Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
WTAT-TV FOX24 in Charleston, SC is currently seeking an experienced Producer within the Creative Services department. The successful candidate must be able to create, conceptualize, script, shoot and edit cutting edge promos and commercials while also managing deadlines.
At least two years of professional shooting experience is required, as well as proficiency with After Effects, Adobe Premiere and Photoshop programs. Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills are a must.
- Shoot raw footage with various cameras for production spots
- Production of commercial spots to meet client specifications.
- Coordinate various production techniques in the field and in studio.
- Shoot and edit segments for locally produced business spotlights.
- Monitor project due dates, and overall completion by deadlines set by Creative Services Director.
- Write and produce creative promotional campaigns and contest spots
- Produce and edit special projects i.e. sales presentations, launch campaigns, etc.
- Participate in off-site promotions
- Maintain on-air look of the station concerning graphics, voiceovers, and tags
- College degree and/or two years of Production experience is preferred
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- Professional shooting skills and good understanding of graphics and visual effects
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Strong writing, editing and producing skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Creative mind and a unique and fresh artistic perspective
If you have the required experience and skills, we want to hear from you! Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include your salary requirements and a link to your latest work. Work examples should showcase strong editing and writing skills.
KCVU/FOX20 in Chico, CA is seeking a Program Coordinator to join our team! We are looking for an experienced candidate specializing in Programming in a fast- paced environment. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral, written, interpersonal and organizational skills and attention to detail. A college degree is preferred and 1-2 years of experience in broadcasting or programming is a plus.
Responsibilities Included but are not limited to:
• Coordinate all aspect of Programming, Continuity back-up and Chief Operator for Chico
• Work copy for advertiser ITN
• Assists General Manage with the management of the Chico office
• Coordinate Program schedules, input information into Palas, prepare monthly lists, maintain program contracts and usage
• Maintenance of Public File and have a clear understanding of FCC regulations as defined in the Children’s Television Act is required and completion of FCC reports and filings as required
• Monthly travel to Redding
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Work well under pressure and be dependable
• Be a self-starter
• Proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Previous Television/Radio Programming 1-2 years
• Knowledge of Palas is a plus
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com and include “KCVU Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
KCVU-TV and Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
WATM – Johnstown, PA
WATM/WWCP the ABC/FOX affiliates in Johnstown, Altoona, State College PA seek a mid-level account executive for our Altoona, PA office. You will sell Penn State/NCAA college football on ABC and NFL football on FOX! Must be highly motivated, dynamic and results driven. Must be able to develop new business, grow existing account list and sell our vast array of digital products. A Bachelor’s Degree and experience in media (3+ years) preferred. Excellent communication skills, computer proficiency required. Previous television sales experience is a plus. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. EOE
WTTE in Columbus, Ohio is currently seeking a self-starting and energetic Receptionist. This position reports directly to WTTE and Cunningham Broadcasting but also works with WSYX and WWHO. Duties include answering phone calls correctly, politely and greeting guests. Help maintain building security by following procedures and issuing a visitor badge to each guest. Incoming mail and packages must be received properly, with packages checked in and out. The lobby is to be maintained in a clean and attractive manner.
In addition, the receptionist position is assigned tasks that requires proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office and Adobe. We will provide training for these tasks and the use of industry specific software. These tasks must be completed in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will have prior work experience and is looking for a challenging position with growth potential, detail oriented and capable of communicating with all levels of the station, our callers, and visitors. The expectation is that the lobby will be open and ready for business between the hours of 8:30 and 5:30, Monday through Friday. Good attendance and promptness is key to success in this position.
WTTE and Cunningham Broadcasting are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Contact: Julie Ramsey at 614-485-5141 or email@example.com