Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation is seeking a Broadcast/IT Engineer at television station, WDBB in Birmingham, AL! This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting including server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, news room computer systems, data networks and broadcast transmission equipment.
- Provide the engineering design and assist with the building and installation of electronic systems/equipment as assigned.
- Maintain and repair transmitters (AM, FM, TV, Microwave, Fiber, satellite, etc.), receivers, cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, video tape systems, routers, automation/editing systems, intercoms, two-way radios, monitors and display systems.
- Provide technical support to operational users.
- Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required.
- Perform all technical work to engineering standards and practices.
- Develop knowledge of facility specific IT needs and assist in supporting these systems.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Other Qualifications and Requirements:
- A self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Be able to work effectively with other departments receiving and communicating instructions via telephone or in person.
- Be able to read and understand technical materials.
- Able to set priorities under pressure of deadlines.
- Able to concentrate for long periods of time.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours weekends and evenings.
- Minimum of five years broadcast experience.
- Working knowledge of broadcast station operations.
- Knowledge and competency in core hardware and computer system technologies, including installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance and LAN/WAN networking
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft, Mac and Linux operating systems
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “WDBB – Broadcast/IT Engineer” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
WDBB-TV and Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
WRGT TV, in Dayton, OH, is seeking a Broadcast Engineer! This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting. This includes server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, news room computer systems, data networks, and broadcast transmission equipment.
- Provide the engineering design and assist with the building and installation of electronic systems/equipment as assigned
- Maintain and repair transmitters (TV, Microwave, Fiber, satellite, etc.), receivers, cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, video tape systems, routers, automation/editing systems, intercoms, two-way radios, monitors and display systems
- Provide budget information to support the implementation of new systems
- Provide technical support to operational users
- Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required
- Provide specific engineering signal flow diagrams for CAD documentation on all work performed on technical systems
- Perform all technical work to engineering standards and practices
- Other duties may be assigned
Other Qualifications and Requirements:
- Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision
- Be able to work effectively with other departments receiving and communicating instructions via telephone or in person
- Be able to read and understand technical materials
- The ability to set priorities under pressure of deadlines
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours, weekends, and evenings
- Maintain “On Call” status as assigned for emergency equipment repairs
- Associate’s degree (AA) in electronics preferred
- Minimum of seven (7) years of broadcast experience
- Working knowledge of broadcast station operations
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com and include “WRGT – Broadcast Engineer” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
WRGT-TV and Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Are You Creative? Can you read between the numbers? Do you know Nielsen?
Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation is looking for a full time Research Director for WDBB in Birmingham, AL to interpret local broadcast television stations’ ratings and supporting research to assist Marketing Consultants and Sales Managers in selling the station and our Digital Platforms. This person will assist in the creation of sales materials used by local and national marketing consultants, sales assistants and station management.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Minimum 3 Years of experience working inside a small to mid-size meter-diary or local people meter market.
- Minimum 3 years of research experience working inside a local television station sales department.
- High level of proficiency working with Nielsen Media Research on local television sample.
- Ability to demonstrate proficient knowledge in ComScore.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent experience in marketing, English or Statistics.
- Expert level proficiency in all MS Office products, particularly MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Expert level proficiency with media related software including OSi, KANTAR Media, Google Analytics or other comparable software.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or other creative suites a plus.
- Excellent writer and presenter with ability to attend and make sales calls with local account executives.
- Expert level background and knowledge base in television marketing including competitive media, ratings calculations, estimate preparation and qualitative measurement.
- Must be comfortable training staff on new software, measurement techniques, ratings or research developments.
- Must be diligent, pay strict attention to detail and be a self-starter.
- Must be able to work unsupervised and still maintain a very high level of accountability.
- Must be able to effectively position Stations in a very competitive marketplace with creative research and out of the box thinking.
- Great speaking and communication skills to answer telephones for viewers and advertisers.
- This position is also responsible for Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation’s Quarterly Certification and Quarterly Programs and Issues Report for FCC compliance and the public file for WDBB and other duties as assigned.
No phone calls please.
WDBB and Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
WTAT-TV FOX24 in Charleston, SC is currently seeking an experienced Producer within the Creative Services department. The successful candidate must be able to create, conceptualize, script, shoot and edit cutting edge promos and commercials while also managing deadlines.
At least two years of professional shooting experience is required, as well as proficiency with After Effects, Adobe Premiere and Photoshop programs. Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills are a must.
- Shoot raw footage with various cameras for production spots
- Production of commercial spots to meet client specifications.
- Coordinate various production techniques in the field and in studio.
- Shoot and edit segments for locally produced business spotlights.
- Monitor project due dates, and overall completion by deadlines set by Creative Services Director.
- Write and produce creative promotional campaigns and contest spots
- Produce and edit special projects i.e. sales presentations, launch campaigns, etc.
- Participate in off-site promotions
- Maintain on-air look of the station concerning graphics, voiceovers, and tags
- College degree and/or two years of Production experience is preferred
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- Professional shooting skills and good understanding of graphics and visual effects
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Strong writing, editing and producing skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Creative mind and a unique and fresh artistic perspective
If you have the required experience and skills, we want to hear from you! Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include your salary requirements and a link to your latest work. Work examples should showcase strong editing and writing skills.
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation has a great opportunity for you! KBVU is seeking a Technical Director for our newscasts in beautiful Eureka, California.
Perform any production duties as assigned including:
- Show build (Ross Xpressions) and direct all newscasts and productions
- Help oversee show production on a daily basis
- Maintain production studio and control room
- Perform other tasks related to the position as assigned, which may include website contribution & editing of video
- 1-2 years of experience directing newscasts
- Experience with Ross is a plus
- Knowledge of production standards and equipment
- The ability to clearly give direction to crew, while under pressure
- A college degree is preferred
No phone calls please. Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation is proud to be a Drug Free Workplace.
Do you want to work with a dynamic Sales team in beautiful Eureka, CA? If so, we have a great opportunity for you! KBVU is seeking a Sales Coordinator/ Receptionist to provide support to the Local Sales Department through processing orders and reports, helping prepare presentations and interfacing with all departments within the station in addition to answering and directing all Station phone calls and greeting and assisting visitors.
Creation of PowerPoint presentations, Database management, and Sales Report maintenance.
Assist (as needed) with support on On-Air and Digital campaigns to include order entry, maintenance and contract management. Assigned various Administrative duties including receptionist responsibilities for the office and assisting with FCC compliance.
Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration or related field
Proficiency in MS Office
Strong organizational skills and ability to efficiently handle multiple priorities
Positive and professional attitude
Knowledge of basic Graphic programs
Ability to meet strict deadlines while maintaining high degree of accuracy
No phone calls please. Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation is proud to be a Drug Free Workplace!
WATM – Johnstown, PA
WATM/WWCP the ABC/FOX affiliates in Johnstown, Altoona, State College PA seek a mid-level account executive for our Altoona, PA office. You will sell Penn State/NCAA college football on ABC and NFL football on FOX! Must be highly motivated, dynamic and results driven. Must be able to develop new business, grow existing account list and sell our vast array of digital products. A Bachelor’s Degree and experience in media (3+ years) preferred. Excellent communication skills, computer proficiency required. Previous television sales experience is a plus. Please send resume to email@example.com. No calls please. EOE
KRNV NBC4 in Reno, NV is seeking a Traffic Coordinator to join our Advertising Support team! We are looking for an experienced candidate specializing in Copy/Continuity in a fast- paced environment. The ideal candidate should have excellent organizational skills, be accurate, pay attention to detail, ability to problem-solve and possess good communication skills, both verbal and written.
Responsibilities Included but are not limited to:
- Securing and inputting traffic instructions for our advertisers
- Entering copy information using OSI traffic software
- Maintaining instruction files, tape library and other various traffic instructions
- Working closely with local Account Executives and clients in a professional manner
- A clear understanding of FCC regulations as defined in the Children’s Television Act is required
- Previous Television/Radio traffic or Advertising traffic experience is helpful
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines within a team setting
- Work well under pressure and be dependable
- Be a quick study and a self-starter
- Must be computer literate
- Knowledge of OSI or WideOrbit is a plus
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KRNV-TV and Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!