Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation is seeking a Broadcast/IT Engineer at television station, WDBB in Birmingham, AL! This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting including server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, news room computer systems, data networks and broadcast transmission equipment.
- Provide the engineering design and assist with the building and installation of electronic systems/equipment as assigned.
- Maintain and repair transmitters (AM, FM, TV, Microwave, Fiber, satellite, etc.), receivers, cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, video tape systems, routers, automation/editing systems, intercoms, two-way radios, monitors and display systems.
- Provide technical support to operational users.
- Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required.
- Perform all technical work to engineering standards and practices.
- Develop knowledge of facility specific IT needs and assist in supporting these systems.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Other Qualifications and Requirements:
- A self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Be able to work effectively with other departments receiving and communicating instructions via telephone or in person.
- Be able to read and understand technical materials.
- Able to set priorities under pressure of deadlines.
- Able to concentrate for long periods of time.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours weekends and evenings.
- Minimum of five years broadcast experience.
- Working knowledge of broadcast station operations.
- Knowledge and competency in core hardware and computer system technologies, including installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance and LAN/WAN networking
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft, Mac and Linux operating systems
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com and include “WDBB – Broadcast/IT Engineer” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
WDBB-TV and Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
WATM – Johnstown, PA
WATM/WWCP the ABC/FOX affiliates in Johnstown, Altoona, State College PA seek a mid-level account executive for our Altoona, PA office. You will sell Penn State/NCAA college football on ABC and NFL football on FOX! Must be highly motivated, dynamic and results driven. Must be able to develop new business, grow existing account list and sell our vast array of digital products. A Bachelor’s Degree and experience in media (3+ years) preferred. Excellent communication skills, computer proficiency required. Previous television sales experience is a plus. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. EOE
WTAT FOX 24 in Charleston, SC is looking for someone to join a team of dynamic journalists and videographers to produce a highly visual, information-packed lifestyle show. FOX24 News Now covers everything you can think of, from fashion to food and everything in between. You will be responsible for the day-to-day producing operations in conjunction with the show’s host.
- Book guests for daily talk show, between 15 to 18 individuals a week
- Coordinate shoots and pretapes for sponsored segments, i.e. Food Friday and Spotlight Music Series
- Coordinate shoots and pretapes for non-sponsored segments
- Write daily scripts in coordination with host and executive producer
- Update calendar daily with guest information, i.e. cell numbers, what they are coming on to speak about, b-roll, etc.
- Sending guests segments upon request
- Maintain show archive
- Build rapport with various Charleston entities, from politicians to public relations firms
- Cutting basic b-roll and other video in Premiere Pro
- Pulling packages from FOX Edge and CNN
- Responsible for weekly briefings with sales and production staff on show lineup and upcoming shoots
- Additional digital and social media responsibilities as needed
- Minimum two years of television production experience
- BA in Communication, Journalism or related field
- Strong writing, punctuation and grammar skills are a must
- Accuracy and attention to detail is imperative
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Focused and creative, yet flexible
If this is you, please submit resume to email@example.com and include “WTAT-Writer/Producer” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
WTAT-TV and Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!